Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thrifted Thursday: In Progress

This week's Thrifted Thursday is a little different, because I am looking for some inspiration for a piece...I figure if I put the "before" up on the blog, it will motivate me to get it into an "after" state!

Here is my stool/plant stand that I thrifted for a few bucks a little while back. It is just sitting and waiting for some sprucing up.
I love these Alvar Aalto Artek (say that 5 times fast) stools, and the fact that they are $285 a pop makes me that much happier about my little thrifted find.
How great is this coral color??
Or, I could do one super-bold pop of color.
Or maybe the dip-dyed look like I used for my Knitting Stand.
OR...I could get really ambitious and try an ombre effect...kind of like this adorable dresser.
Do you see why I can't decide? So many cute options! I would love to hear your input/vote on this!! I will try to get it finished by next Thursday to share, but I've got a busy weekend coming up (which I'll be sure to share pics of) so no promises!! :)

Don't forget to grab my button for your blog!
MidSouth Stagers

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see the ombre effect like the dresser. Maybe start light and finish brightest/darkest hue on the seat?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...