Monday, February 6, 2012

My Office

I realized that I don't think I have ever posted about the office in my house. It is in one of the four bedrooms, and it was kind of a work in progress for a while. It used to be a walk-thru to the master as well as a home for the washer/dryer (in the closet), but we have closed up that door, built a wall and created a new hallway to the master that included that closet with the washer and dryer. So now, the office is a little smaller, but no longer a walk-thru room. And, the washer dryer is now in the hall closet as opposed to the office closet.
These changes will help in resale value because not only is the bedroom now completely independent, but the laundry is in a more logical place. And the bedroom has built-out closets so it counts as an official bedroom!
If any of that made sense to you, congrats because it's hard to explain, especially without pictures.
I only have one of the office "before", which was before we even moved in:
That door to the left that led to the master is now gone. And so is the built-in bed and the trim up top. I know you are all loving those bubble valances. It's not that it wasn't a charming space, just not functional.
We installed wainscoting to mask all of the ugliness left by the ripped-out bed. It made a perfect space for the desk! I left the bult-in shelves and they house things like fabric, ribbon, etc...
The lamps are $5 Goodwill finds. Their shades were clearanced out at Pottery Barn outlet. The drapes were $5 a piece at an estate sale. See what else I found HERE and HERE. The chair was $10 at Goodwill. It got some casters and now makes the perfect rolling chair!
I love the vintage drapes with the wall color. Seriously LOVE.

I know Sometimes it's hard to picture where things are in the house, so I thought I would give you some reference. This is standing in the dining room looking through the hall to the office. Maybe I'll show you the new wall/laundry/hallway in another post to give you a better idea of what's going on there.


3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...