Monday, August 15, 2011

Wainscoting

I tried to think of a creative title but I gave up. But this post really is all about wainscoting. Just as a reminder, this is what our dining room looked like in between the removal of wallpaper layer 1 and 2 not long after we bought it.
And here it was when I posted about it HERE. You know, when I said the wainscoting would be completed soon. And I believe that was February or 2010. Yes, a year and a half ago.
And until last week, still no wainscoting. This was as close as it got. Painting the wood that was covering the gross teturing on the bottom half. But after completing the table and chairs HERE, I realized that the room needed to be finished so that you could start seeing pictures of other rooms each week!
So here it is, finally, after several coats of paint. I don't have any pictures of the process, but you can check out this post HERE at Thrifty Decor Chick; the concept is the same. She used different wood and we actually removed all of the baseboards and re-installed them over the new wainscoting, where she just left hers.
It's weird how now the room feels a lot bigger, which is awesome because it is so small. This pic even has the leaf in the table because I needed it for a shower I hosted (fun pics of that to come soon!). But it still doesn't feel cramped, which is great.
Here is another shot. And yes, I have re-arranged pictures again. It's a sickness. Like my need to have massive amounts of pillows everywhere. And I didn't notice the creepy shadow my light was making on the walls until after I took the pics. But you get the idea.
One last shot.  I also think the new picture arrangement helps the room to feel longer. I am so happy that this project is finally complete! It looks so finished now and hopefully you won't have to see pics of my dining room for a while (until I move some more pictures around).
Anyone else have projects that have taken an unnecessarily long time? Please tell me I'm not the only one!
Thrifty Decor Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...