(Am I the only one singing that title to the tune of "I'm Bossy" by Kelis?). If so, it probably doesn't make sense to the rest of you. I would link to the video but I don't think it's safe for my blog. But enough about that. I saw THIS post on Thriftydecorchick and I thought, "hey, I can do that!" I had this big "H" that I bought at Joann's last year that I have been using in my bedroom. But since that room will be getting a makeover, the "H" needed a new place to live. So, I give her total credit for this simple project. Be sure to check out her blog HERE.
I peeled the back off and got out my glue gun. Be sure to put something down wherever you are doing this...it gets kind of messy.
I laid the letter out and cut the moss around it. I started gluing and wrapping the moss around the back of the letter.
This seriously took about 15 minutes. So easy! Next, I found some ribbon that I had in my random box of ribbon (don't we all have one of those?), and I hot glued it to the back. I then re-inforced it with staples.
Like I normally do, I took way too many picture of my mossy "H". But I am SO happy with how it turned out, and how easy it was!
Here is a view of it on the porch. It's a little dark but you get the idea. I have resorted to using my IPhone for all of my pictures until I invest in a new camera...I think it does a pretty good job though! We will soon be getting a new front porch light. And just ignore the awesome red tile. Hopefully that won't be with us for too much longer.
Last picture, I promise. I'm so happy with my new front door. Now I want to cover everything with moss! HERE. Everyone have a great weekend and check back next week for some more completed projects!