Friday, January 28, 2011

Accessory tray makeover!

I know it sounds like all I ever do is shop at thrift stores, but I really only spend about one hour every couple of weeks stopping by to see what's new.  I just don't always do all of my projects at once, so I post them as I get around to each one!
This is an adorable little tray that I found recently for a couple of dollars that I thought had lots of potential!
It has really great details but was a little rusted and needed some TLC.  It is metal that I believe had been painted black.  I decided to go white with this one.  One day I might get brave and paint it a color, but for what I was planning to use it for right now, white will work perfectly!
Here it is all spiffed up on my new night stand that I painted HERE.  I am really excited about it because now I will have a place for my phone (which I use as an alarm clock), carmex, and whatever else usually clutters up a nightstand!  I REALLY don't like clutter.  Really.
This is a better view of the cut-out detail.  It's a perfect size and I can't wait to use it!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...