Saturday, February 6, 2010

Think you can't afford that fabulous room in the magazine? Think again!

If you are not familiar with the website Decorpad, you should definitely check it out! They have TONS of inspiration rooms and a section that is my absolute favorite called look4less. A couple of weeks ago, they featured this picture:

Well, my eyes automatically zoned in on the diamond print pillow, and I realized that I needed these in my home ASAP! The great thing about this site is that it gives you a list featuring where to find just about everything in this room but on a budget!
So, since I have been in a major pillow-making zone lately, I immediately went to BuyFabrics.com and ordered a yard of this fabric! It is by Duralee fabrics and the name is Pool Diamond. Here are my finished pillows:

The color is much more "pool" blue than in my pic. They are currently living on the bed in my office. I almost love them too much to keep them in a side room though, so they may end up in my still-to-be-finished great room!

This should encourage you to not be discouraged by expensive "designer" rooms that you see in magazines! Any look can be accomplished with a little imagination and creativity!

2 comments:

  1. I looked at that fabric website. I'm currently drooling over a few different patterns!! I might make pillows like yours to match my identical bedding :) Think that fabric would be too much for curtains? I want to brighten up my room.

    Also, check out this blog post.. you might like this idea as well!
    http://adventuresindressmaking.blogspot.com/2010/02/recycling-tank-into-trendy-ikat-pillow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would be really cute as curtains! Just make sure it wouldn't get too expensive :) Another good fabric site is fabric.com.
    I love that blog...it is funny because I already had a shirt picked out to try to convert into a pillow. Crazy! And did you notice her other pillow on her bed. The same fabric that I just used for my couch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...