Friday, July 1, 2011

What does your front door say about you?

I had the opportunity to take a quick trip to NYC last weekend for a friend's wedding, and also to see my fabulous friend Alexis, who has recently become a New Yorker(and is worse at consistent blogging than I am :).  While walking around the West Village on Saturday, I realized that everyone had amazing front doors!  Then I realized why...because every town house looks almost identical, and the door is really the only way to make a statement.  I should have been snapping pictures of all of them, but I felt a little stalker-ish, so I just got a few.  I think after my 100th "look how cute that door is!", Alexis was ready to strangle me:
I love this beautiful wood color and the round knocker!  I noticed that a lot of the doors are very skinny and tall, but all of them had beautiful frames.
The blue adds so much character!  There were so many great colors!!
This is not a picture that I took, but is another West Village door. How awesome is the detailed moulding on the door!  And I must say these doors are definitely bringin' brassy back (feel free to sing that like Justin Timberlake).
This one takes the details from the red door ones step further with a floral carving.  Look how much character it has!  I would love to see inside all of these homes because I'm sure there is just as much character on the inside!! Making your front door a statement piece is definitely an easy and inexpensive way to spruce up your home.  Even if you don't live in the "big city", that doesn't mean you house's exterior can't have big city charm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...