Monday, October 8, 2012

Vintage Bridal Shower With A Southern Touch

I enjoy planning parties as much as I do staging and decorating, so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to help with my cousin's bridal shower for her upcoming wedding!
We decided on a traditional brunch and thought finger foods would be best. Finger foods can be fancy though! This was a shower for family and a few lifelong family friends, so we kept it casual and elegant.

 We stayed simple with all white serving pieces and used my milk glass for the roses. I grouped several vases together to make one long centerpiece (always check the grocery store for their "manager's special" flowers...this usually yeilds some great deals on other wise expensive bouqets!).
 We went with 2 sweets and 2 salty snacks for a good combo. Below were glazed doughnut muffins and Paula Dean's lemon blossoms that were both super-yummy!
 For salty we went with cheesy sausage min-muffins and mini-mushroom-and-sausage quiches. It always is nice to label dishes like this in case someone is allergic to a particular food or doesn't like something (Just a piece of card stock and a piece of scrapbook paper is all you need).
 We also went a little non-traditional with the fruit and made mini fruit parfaits with whipped cream or on skewers so people could take their pick.
 My friend Susan did an amazing job with the doily cookies!
 They were the perfect touch and were exactly what I wanted! If you are in the Jackson, MS area you MUST check her out if you need any kind of bakery treat!
We used Oma's old doilys as a table runner.
 We also used a mixture of all of Oma's old china that had been passed down several generations. For utensils I used wooden forks and wrapped them in napkins and twine with a free printable I found online that said "bon appetit". VERY simple but makes a big impact!
 We served a simple punch and used mason jars and striped paper napkins. This cart made the perfect drink station away from the main table.
 We set up a coffee station in another room to keep guests moving (since the house is not that big). This was also where we opened gifts so it kept things flowing. We used Oma's old china for the coffee as well.
 We set up a gift station near the coffee.
 I framed one of the shower invites and used it when decorating. This is an easy way to personlize decor!
 I also set up a place for everyone to leave the bride "helpful household tips" that she can use! These ladies had years of wisdom and her tips were great! I bought simple cards and printed tape to personalize them. All they had to do was write a quick note and toss them in the basket.
 It was a fun morning. Here are a few pics of everyone enjoying the day and celebrating the bride to be! We hosted this in my parent's house, which I talked about a lot this Summer. You can see it's progression HERE.
 
Me and the bride.
(PS, this wreath is for sale in my Etsy shop)
 Moms, grandmothers, aunts, and cousins.

Sources: Wooden forks, paper straws, "Mr. and Mrs. decorative tags all found HERE. Very reasonable and highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...