Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thrifted Thursday: Milk Glass Serving Pieces!

This week's "Thrifty Thursday" features some of my milk glass collection that I have been accumulating for a while now. I love the vintage feel of milk glass and it is a very inexpensive collection to start. It's also very versatile as far as its uses and when I host a party I like to bring a lot of it out.

My fine china (above) has gold details (most of them tend to have silver, but I am a gold girl), and so I look for things with gold accents to pair with it. This serving piece was perfect!
  It looks cute with a couple of the grape pieces that I like to display with all of my grape Arthur Court pieces. This gold trimmed piece has the same detailing as another one of my pieces in the shelf above, the egg tray. I don't eat eggs, so I have to come up with other uses for it! I also have a matching blue one on my built ins.
These pieces all sit in my china cabinet, which you might remember from THIS post from way back when!
Do you collect milk glass, or do you have a collection that keeps you on your toes looking for new pieces when you are out and about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...